Search This Blog

Friday, January 14, 2011

The Idea


            Now that we have the wall of texthttp://www.assoc-amazon.com/e/ir?t=the0b4-20&l=btl&camp=213689&creative=392969&o=1&a=B004C05BVM out of the way, and you guys have a tad of information about my interests, I'd like to talk to you about my idea for a blog.  What I had in mind was to pick games that offer a free trial subscription and play them. What I ultimately want is to have you, my readers and subscribers, select games that you play and nominate one a week or two for me to play live.  Follow on after the jump to see more about this idea.


                Now this is where it would be fun.  Since I would most likely be a complete noob I would need some help.  That's where you guys will come in!  You all will basically teach me to play the game.  Every week or two weeks, whatever we decide on, we will switch to another game you guys suggest.  Sound fun?  You bet it would be!   

           

         Just to let you all know. I played City of Heroeshttp://www.assoc-amazon.com/e/ir?t=the0b4-20&l=btl&camp=213689&creative=392969&o=1&a=B003B2HEN0 or City of Villainshttp://www.assoc-amazon.com/e/ir?t=the0b4-20&l=btl&camp=213689&creative=392969&o=1&a=B000AFKGB8 for about 2 years. I was pretty into it the most of that time.  Eventually though that interest waned. I stopped playing around 2 years ago.


        I have also played the famous/infamous World of Warcrafthttp://www.assoc-amazon.com/e/ir?t=the0b4-20&l=btl&camp=213689&creative=392969&o=1&a=B002I0HKIU (oh noes).  I stopped playing it last year as I pretty much burnt myself out about a year after WotLK came out.


        With all that said I don't mind playing either one of those games if that is what is wanted. I would pretty much be a noob at both of them now.  Especially so on City of Heroeshttp://www.assoc-amazon.com/e/ir?t=the0b4-20&l=btl&camp=213689&creative=392969&o=1&a=B003B2HEN0/Villains.       


        Now I know it's going to take quite a while to get the word out. Weeks if not months will pass until I can get enough advertising out and about to get enough traffic to make this interesting.  So if you happen to stumble across this blog and it sounds like an endeavor that sounds fun to you leave me a reply. And tell your friends about it. 


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a pretty decent idea if you keep it up, I blog a fair amount about games etc.

    I've been doing it for about 4 months now and you're right, getting the word out is tough! I get about 50ish readers a day, and I'm looking to widen my readership.

    If you're interested, I'll give you a quick shout out on my blog/twitter and follow you. If you could follow me back - we could work together to get readers for us both? We could even do guest posts for each other aswell.

    Let me know,

    Distilled

    ReplyDelete