Search This Blog

Friday, January 14, 2011

The Beginning

          Ok  everyone is telling me blogging is where it's at.  Everyone being the interwebs of course. So I thought I would try my hand at it.  This past Monday night I sat down and asked myself  " Self what would you like to blog about?"  I really didn't have a clue at the time.  I didn't really think that anyone would be curious about or interested in what I thought or had to say about stuff. Then I figured what the heck - why not?  Surely I'm not the only one interested in my ...uh... interests.  To see if we have some things in common continue after the break.

               So what types of things am I interested in?  Like most guys, I love fast cars and pretty girls.  I also want to be a cattle rancher!  I know right?!  That's ridiculous you say!  Well maybe it is but the desire is still there.  But alas, it is not to be.  I don't have a million dollars to buy land, cattle, and equipment. That's ok though.  I grew up on a small farm in the country: still live there in fact, so I can live with it.

          
        One thing that I truly love to do is game!  By game I mean video games, and lots of it.  I cut my teeth on the Atari 2600 then came the 8 bit "regular" Nintendo.  This continued until the pc was an easily accessible purchase. I bought my first computer back in 2005 and haven't looked back.

        
        In those days I didn't know much about how to upgrade different parts to make it perform better. My old Dell Dimension was pretty nice, but for some reason couldn't play hardly any of the games I bought to play.  City of Heroes was the first game I bought.  I was pretty excited to get home and make my own super hero.  I grew up reading comics so this was right up my alley.  I put in the disk, installed it, made an account, logged in and - wow what the heck is this!  My screen was full of jaggy looking, lag ridden objects.  I probably messed around with it for an hour before giving up in disgust.


         I was informed by my buddy about a year later that with a graphics card upgrade I could probably play it with no problem.  So we installed a new AGP graphics card and voila! I was a gamer!  I have been ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment